Over 336k Malaysian girls miss HPV vaccine amid world supply disruption

A whole of 336,592 feminine Form 1 students from the 2020 to 2022 cohort in Malaysia haven’t obtained any human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine pictures, according to Health Minister Dr Zaliha Mustafa. The Ministry of Health (MoH) is devoted to making sure that every one female students from the 2021, 2022, and 2023 cohorts obtain the HPV vaccine before they full their schooling.
The HPV vaccination for 13-year-old Form 1 students had to be postponed in 2021 due to a worldwide provide disruption of HPV vaccines. As a end result, only 15.7% of Form 1 female students from the 2021 cohort, or 34,933 folks, acquired the primary dose utilizing the remaining vaccine stock from 2020. This leaves 187,151 college students, or 84.3%, who haven’t received the HPV vaccine for the 2021 cohort.
Bootleg stated: “In 2022, the worth of the HPV vaccine had elevated six-fold and only 100,000 doses of the HPV vaccines have been procured in December last yr.”
These vaccines have been distributed to states for administration to the 2021 cohort of Form 1 college students who have yet to receive the vaccine. The Ministry of Health anticipates that the new procurement shall be finalised within the third quarter of this yr..

Leave a Comment